Marathon

This week has been a rough week for me. My health continues to worsen so my mood is already poor. On top of that a particular sixth grade class I'm teaching has been the absolute worst. Despite my chronic pain I wear a smile while I'm in class and I try to be super positive but they are just so draining and at times just plain disrespectful and I just don't know what to do. However, they are not what is dampening my mood.

I've just really been disappointed with myself. I realize my own inadequacies when I look at all the students and teachers in Japan. They are so full or life and in excellent shape. I can see that Japan is a country that prides itself on its citizens and in return tries to offer the best education in order to build a healthy lifestyle for them. I love seeing the kids show pride in their school and country. I also like all the programs and classes that work to get students involved and cultivate their growth.

They are currently in the middle of a marathon. I was invited to participate today which made me extremely happy but I had to decline. I'm just not in the shape I want to be in. My digestive system is... excuse my French... fucked up. I also have asthma which has gotten worse. I want to run with everyone but I would look so pathetic I know it. So to save myself from that embarrassment I declined the invitation. However, I do want to work hard to improve my health so I'm able to participate next year. I want to become a part of the community and do everything they do. So I won't just look like this random lazy foreigner who is completely uninterested in Japan and their lifestyle.

I need to work on changing my life NOW. And making more conscious and better decisions. Well that's the end of my blog today ^^ Hopefully it will get more positive from now on. I'll continue to try the best I can.


Comments

Popular Posts